What we did:
Sola Historieag needed to make some roll-ups to get a visual way of telling about the story of Sola and special places and events such as:
- The stone monuments in Sola, there are over 60 raised stone monuments all around Western Norway, both anglic and celtic stone monuments.
- Sola ruin church, the history of the legendary ruin church of the Middle Ages, which was bombed during World War II and later resurrected.
- Doom stones, a mysterious ring of stones discovered and rebuilt by Sola History Team in 2008.
- Rægehaugen, a rich princess's grave tomb from the bronze age
- Runestones in Helland, two original runestones that are still standing
- The resting stonees, the memorials placed above a line in honor of Erling Skjalgsson's death.
- The battle in Hafrsfjord, one of the most epic battles in Norway where Harald Hairfaire gathered Norway into one kingdom.
They also needed to have roll-ups to celebrate 100 years of voting for Women in Norway, where they have stories about important women who got things done:
- Dorthea Rabbe, a significant female figure
- Bertha Sømme, one of the driving forces in community life in the Middle War
- Anna Hjelmesæth, founded the Sola Sanitetsforening
How we did it:
The content and the pictures were important to get in a good, but and a little exciting way, so the "background colors" were a bit different. The roll-ups that concerned Sola's story got a kind of "papyrus" / old paper, while those for women's voting rights had a more calm background style and a little more "female" feel about it.
Some of the pictures were of poor quality, especially those about the women when more of the photos were 100 years old, so scanning and image optimization was an important part of making it look great on print.
What did the customer say:
The customer, Sola Historielag, was pleased with the result and they are still using them at different fairs and they are exhibited at Sola Culture house at all times.